Help With Chapter 7 Filings
If you are trapped in debt, being harassed by bill collectors and don’t know how you’ll ever get out from under your mountain of bills, filing for Chapter 7 bankruptcy can help you get the fresh financial start you need.
At Williams & Williams, Inc., we will assess your financial situation and help you make an informed decision about filing for bankruptcy. Our attorney has years of experience helping California residents eliminate and minimize their debts. To schedule a free initial consultation, email us or call locally at 661-748-3948 or toll-free at 800-414-7078.
Benefits Of Filing Chapter 7
Beyond eliminating or minimizing your debt, Chapter 7 also allows you to:
- Stop creditors: When you file for bankruptcy, an automatic stay goes into effect that bars your creditors from harassing or even contacting you for collection purposes.
- Stop garnishments and levies: By filing for Chapter 7, you can stop wage garnishments and bank levies. In some instances, you may even recover money that has already been garnished.
- Stay in your home: Even if your home is already in foreclosure, you may be able to remain in it up until the actual time of sale.
State and federal exemptions protect certain property in addition to real estates, such as clothes and furniture. We will protect your exempt property throughout the bankruptcy process.
Certified Specialist In Bankruptcy Law
With Williams & Williams, Inc., you can trust our guidance and counsel. Our attorney is a certified legal specialist in bankruptcy law by The State Bar of California’s Board of Legal Specialization. He has focused his practice in bankruptcy law and is the most experienced bankruptcy attorney in Kern County. We provide exceptional legal service for every client and can help you with:
- Drafting and filing the bankruptcy petition
- Representation at hearings
- Protecting exempt property
Throughout the Chapter 7 bankruptcy process, we remain accessible to answer your questions and concerns.
Chapter 7 has specific filing requirements and not everyone qualifies to file under Chapter 7. If you do not qualify for Chapter 7 due to the means test, we can still help you file Chapter 13, otherwise known as ‘wage earner’s bankruptcy,’ which can also effectively provide real debt relief and a fresh financial start.
Contact Us For A Free Initial Consultation
To discuss how we can help you obtain debt relief in a free, no-obligation consultation, please call us at 661-748-3948 or use our contact form to make an appointment with our lawyer. We serve all of Kern County from our Bakersfield office, conveniently located in the same building where the bankruptcy 341 meetings are held.
Se habla español/Spanish language services are available.